Monday, July 30, 2012

Why Can't Men Just Say They're Sorry?

Hello all my wonderful readers,

I apologize for not posting anything for a while, so to make it up to you I have two posts for you today.

The burning question is...Why Can't Men Just Say They're Sorry?
This may seem like a complex question with a complex answer, but the truth is that the answer is simple. The reason why men don't change this, is the hard part.

The psychological reason they can't say those two very important words (I'm Sorry) is because they feel that it makes them weak or "less than a man". Even if it is just the two of you, they feel that saying sorry, to anyone, is a form of public humiliation and a move that makes them more vulnerable to criticism, according to Warren Farrell in Cosmopolitan Magazine.

Men are action-oriented they prefer to show you how they feel than tell you. That's why when they do something wrong, they would rather prove to you that they are remorseful by "showing" you with actions that they will not do it again. They look on the surface and like to see results. In turn, they expect the same from you when you've done something wrong. Women are quick to say sorry, but men don't see a point to those words. They want to see action.

What should you do if you are craving his recognition that he hurt your feelings? Well, from my experience with my husband, I know not to push the issue and try not to put the words "I'm sorry" in his mouth. Every time I have done this, it backfires on me because he says it but doesn't mean it. It is so much more important to me when he means it. So, don't wait for the S word from him. Tell him that you're hurt and why and then keep your eyes open for signs / actions of remorse.

Thank you.

Jessie J.





Some content is courtesy of Cosmopolitan Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment